Time & Attention

Did you ever wish your doctor was able to focus his or her attention on YOU rather than a complex, government-run computer system?

   

   

Insurance & Copays

Did you ever want your doctor to be beholden to YOU, not an insurance company? Are you frustrated by all those Copays and expensive Deductibles?

   

   

Waiting

Are you tired of waiting weeks to get in to see your physician and then waiting 30-45 minutes in the waiting room for a 15 minute appointment?

   

Welcome to a Better Model of Health Care

What is Direct Primary Care?

Direct Primary Care is a growing movement in the U.S. to greatly reduce overhead, and therefore expense to you, the patient, by eliminating costly inefficiencies imposed by government and private insurance.  Until recently, these coverages were used to pay for even routine visits for general medical care.  This was similar to using auto insurance to pay for gas fill ups and oil changes - very expensive and time consuming. (Need gas? Check to see if the station is 'in network'. Wait for prior authorization. Submit a claim. Have it rejected. Hire someone who knows the complexities of insurance billing. Wait 30-90 days for payment processing. Watch costs skyrocket.)

With Obamacare, traditional insurance premiums have continued to rise, while deductibles have often soared to $5000 or more, leaving you paying more for less.  Third party payer rules and mandates on doctors have skyrocketed too, forcing them to focus more and more on the payer's wishes, and less and less on their patients, while seeing more patients during shorter visits, in an attempt to cover the rising costs.  This system is not working for patients or doctors, and thus the Direct Primay Care movement has taken hold, as physicians desire to return to focusing on caring for their patients, in an affordable manner.

What if something Major happens?

By focusing on you, instead of a third party payer, we will prevent the need for expensive hospital and specialist care whenever possible. Most people will need these services eventually, however, and we recommend that patients carry a major medical plan. Consider Liberty Direct for affordable coverage that includes 75-100% of your direct primary care monthly membership with us, or discuss options with your employer or insurance agent.

(Liberty Direct, in business since 1995, offers prices ranging from $149/month for a single under the age of 30, to $449/month for a family (youngest spouse older than 30), and deductibles ranging from $500 to $1500, respectively, and covers you and your family up to $1 million per incident, with NO lifetime limit.  Visit libertydirect.org/about.  See Program Summary)

Remember, the cost to you of a traditional employer provided health insurance includes not only your contribution, but the the money your employer is sending to insurance on your behalf, which could otherwise be going to YOU, instead.  Negotiate with your employer to share in these savings!

 We are part of a national movement

to restore the practice of medicine to

trained professionals and the patients we serve

Do you know that the U.S. spends almost twice as much per person on health care, yet has the lowest life expectancy, in the developed world?  That we spend $3 TRILLION dollars per year on health, but that 5% of the population accounts for fully one HALF of this spending? It is nowhere near as expensive or complicated to provide care for the other 95% as we are making it, especially for those who taking responsibility for their own well being, by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

This graph, from the U.S. government, comparing the growth in physician vs. healthcare adminstrator workforce, reveals the reason for our soaring health care costs, in a nutshell:

 

   

 

 

   

   

   

   

   

   

  

     

I recently had the honor of chairing a national physicians conference on this subject, where the leadership of 20 medical organizations convened to take positive action on these issues. You can see the results, and add your voice to the call for rational and affordable health care now, at letmydoctorpractice.org.